Steve trained at sea and ashore with Cunard Cargo Shipping for 10 years, serving on conventional reefer vessels, product carriers and general cargo vessels. He joined a management team that over 20 years successfully developed a RoRo and container liner shipping, logistics and terminals business to West Africa. He subsequently also had 4 years’ experience with RTI forensics and has provided consultancy services since 2001.
Steve has business development, strategic, tactical and risk management skills.
He is an expert provider of –
- Business Development, marketing and PR
- Research and due diligence studies
- Operational and risk reviews
- Post event investigations
- Technical experts for dispute resolution
- HR services, mentoring, training and recruitment
- Management and technical training, mentoring
- Executive searches
His 20 years business management and development experience as Board member of a liner shipping organisation in a challenging high-risk market environment, and 15 years of consultancy experience enables him to consider many aspects of a project, including; commercial, HR, operational and risk management.
With a database of experts, Steve is able to provide consultancy for ship operators, owners, ports, terminals and their suppliers, logistics and supply chain providers, and the energy network.
His work for governments, investors, operators, insurers and law firms has included –
- Experts for post-event investigations, public inquiries, commercial and criminal dispute resolution
- Risk and safety management reviews for global offshore operators and insurers of tug and terminal operators in Africa
- Bespoke terminal and audit training for oil terminals in UAE and for FPSO operators in Africa
- Global HR recruitment, remuneration studies, training and review of recruitment and selection procedures
- Marketing and PR consultancy for terminals and their equipment and system providers
- African Intercultural briefings, research and due diligence studies in the African market for Drewry Shipping, Moffat and Nicholl, Control Risks, Wood MacKenzie